Saturday, June 9, 2012

Scrapped my Day Away

Hello,

Today was an awesome creative day for me.  I have been lacking mojo lately.  I planned on going to Scraputante's Fundraising Crop for Second Chance with Saving Grace, but wasn't sure how much I was going to accomplish.

When I got there and was chatting with the other ladies, I  could feel the mojo building...About an hour into the crop I finally sat down to start my first page!  I had such an amazing time.  The ladies were awesome, the food was amazing, and we were pampered throughout the day!

Here are the layouts that I made today.  Many of them are for different challenges.  This always helps me when I am having issues and struggling with my creativity!!

This first layout is a photo of my dad and I's dance at my wedding...I also took a photo of the handkerchief that I gave my dad on my wedding day, which says "Today a bride, Tomorrow a wife, Always your little girl"  I used Echo Park paper for the background and for the photo mats and the circle is a Jenni Bowlin die cut paper...For the Dusty Attic Chippie, i first painted it with gesso, and then misted it with red and black glimmer mist....


This next layout is a photo of my mom who is having a tea party with her doll...I think the photo is just so sweet.  I used the AMAZING new Graphic 45 Ladies Diary papers for this one.  I fussy cut the teapots out of one of the patterned papers...the teapot in the upper left hand corner is a prima resist canvas, that i misted using Glimmer Mist Vintage Pink.  Some of the flowers were already colored, and the others I misted.  I also added a vintage metal chair from Prima on the bottom.


This layout features My Minds Eye Nostalgia collection and hexagons.  They are all the rage lately, and this is my first layout with them.  I inked the edges using Quick Quotes chalk ink, which I am absolutely loving!  Many of you who follow my scrapping know that I do not journal nearly enough.  This photo is so dear to me that I did do journaling.  Although its a pretty basic layout, and not my usual style, I am extremely happy with how it turned out.


This is a fun layout featuring Authentiques Glory Line...Its not just for 4th of July!!  This is a photo of my Aunt Sis holding me and I am guessing Im about a year and a half old here...(my dad's beetle is in the background)...The banners are from Heidi Swapp and I colored them with Tim Holtz Distress Markers...


I also completed a card for fathers day, but have no idea where it landed when I was packing up LOL...I will post photos of that if I find it!!  

Thanks for stopping by and looking at what I did today...hope you are having an awesome weekend!!

1 comment: